Monday, September 28, 2009

Monterey: September 28 Update

OMG!!! I ran the farthest EVER!! Get out your fingers & toes because you'll need them to count to 20! Yes- 20 miles!! It was a beautiful run along the Monterey Coast and the Pebble Beach Golf Course down to Bird Rock. The views were well worth the 10 miles out and back! Around mile 12, I really started to feel my hip again, but I just kept thinking of my Honoree Kristin and her family. Kristin's funeral was Saturday, and I was very bummed I couldn't attend but I was definately showing my support on the trail.

If Heaven is half that beautiful and peaceful as Monterey, then Kristin is in an awesome place.




Just a few more weeks to go till the Marathon- Ive got the San Jose Rock n Roll Half this coming weekend (after working 8 days straight) then another taper weekend run and then the Nike!! And fyi come to find out, my friend Paul Smith, ran Nike last year and came in first!! No Pressure! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment